Tuesday 25 June 2013

Don't Starve with Willow Part 07

Heat is almost a luxury to me now. I can barely leave sight of town without freezing stiff. I have to venture out to the located food sources before I become one. My failing brain decides that instead of making new camps, I should make new fires. The warmth is welcoming, and nothing else matters but food and warmth. Damn it all if I burn this land down before I starve.

I am down to the bare wires. Running from burning tree to twig is becoming foolish. I nearly turn to ice trying to pick berries and flowers. The petals are so soothing, and yet it feels worthwhile. I am left scraping the barrel for food. I don't know if I'll last the night, but I have to keep searching until the sun brings my freedom from this weathering burden.

Day 31. My heart still beats, but my skin is blue and my stomach is thin. I need to move. Throughout my journey, I fall victim to the freezing enviroment. I fall over and turn into a preserved corpse.

BAM! The touchstone! The third chance of which I'm given. This could be my last, so I best not screw this one up. Or at least until I find another touchstone. I better set something on fire quickly.

I run as fast as I can to Piggerton, but I'm slowed down without my cane and the blistering frost. Rabbits gather around me, watching, waiting. I feel my flesh dry out and crack, freezing my blood and soon after, I fall to the ground. A month of the wilderness and my last sight is the cold, dead hands of myself as I lose my vision from the snowstorm. If I could go back and better prepare for this.

If only I had gathered more wood. If only I had more food saved up. If only I learned from bears. If only......o...n...l..y....

No comments:

Post a Comment