Sunday 9 June 2013

Don't Starve with Willow 05

Part 01
Part 02
Part 03
Part 04

Don't Starve is a game made by Klei Entertainment. If you're interested, check out the mini site
-------------------------------

WHAT IN THE WORLD?! The pig village I have settled in tonight had a resident sleeping outiside that suddenly grew fur and started attacking me! What's happening?! I have to fend for my self!

Yay

Feels like twelve days now. My grass armor has been freshly cut, which is not good enough for my planned adventures. I need to make use of what I have on hand and upgrade. I start off by trimming some of the taller trees of Piggerton and gather wood. It may be a good idea to have a supply always in hand for those cold nights.



Oh no. I've found more tracks on my return home. Are there more of them? I need to improve my defenses. My scrapes are starting to itch in fear. Perhaps if I tie together some wood and make some arm room, and VOILA! A new piece of armor! This will save me from an impalement or ten.

The citizens have left a present as well

I've been thinking. The settlement west of Piggerton also needs a name. The road ends there and was mapped by me at midnight, and awful things happened. The grim nature and surroundings of that area shall be known as "Midnight Town". I like it!
Expert Cartography
Oh gods no...I think I hear the barking again....

Now would be a time to plan out the walls of Piggerton. Far enough to keep out bloodthirsty critters and keep a good eye on who or WHAT goes through. What should the walls be made out of though....
What is this?? A marker stands before me surrounded by headed spikes! The SMELL! Oh dear. It doesn't help that another body lays behind it. Grass armor and twigs seem to be the only thing left to their name. What's this bare dirt explain?? It looks like something big lived here for a time. Will it come back? I should expect anything by now.




I managed to cover a lot of ground today. It appears that we're near a bay, or a large lake anyway. I ran by what seemed to be an absolutely lovely field, but the bees didn't enjoy my company well...
Don't bring nice things to the Bee Ghetto


The next day, I decided to relax and go for a stroll with my trusty cane. I don't like leaving little Chester behind, but the monsters pick on him, and the pigs will care for him while I'm away. I should had cleared my pockets before I left however...

Happy Trail


A small creature crossed my path on my walk. I picked what appeared to be an innocent turnip, when it cried out and fell over! Did I kill it? How could I have known? Are they delicious?



The barking can be heard again. The hounds must have caught my scent. I'm better prepared for them this time. I get a fire prepared and keep a lookout. The growls and yelps came closer and closer for what seemed like days. At last two approached. That got a good bite out of me, but my new suit helped me greatly. Dark fell, and a redbird was sleeping near the camp. I strike it to celebrate my victory for today. Not enough meat for a snack, but a pretty feather regardless.


Seventeen days since awakening. I go explore northwest into the plains to find this ring thing surrounded by spiky flowers. What use does it hold?

Worshiped by Flowers


The shores along here are absolutely littered in hound tracks! Now may be the time to find the last of them and perhaps the owner as well! After tracking down about a dozen tracks, something came to thought. These foot prints are much too big for a hound. What does it really belong to? Just when I pondered, I found the owner. This was a beautiful creature, in both mine and this world.
The giant koala-elephant was timid when I came near. I had no plan to hurt it. I could only admire it from afar. Doesn't appear interested in my treats either. I will leave him alone. Perhaps we'll meet again...






No comments:

Post a Comment